I tried to do a little farming, but it seemed there were lots of people with the same idea.. 😦 so I didn’t do too well, but I did come across this leech. He didn’t drop anything good either.. lol
I then decided to head to Sandy to see what the event had in store.
While in Sandy I saw my very first GM, I waved at him and he waved back.. lol
So far, I’ve done the event in each city. It appears that you:
* Find the Event NPC by the fountain in each city
* Give a child the kiddie present while wearing a Dream hat.
* You can then either teleport to another city, wait a Vanadiel day and do it again the, or wait for the Twinkling Tree to show up.
* When the NPC by the fountain disappears, then you can expect to see the Twinkling Trent shortly after.
* Cheer him on the Twinkling Trent until he dissapears.. (course I’m not exactly sure why we cheer him and not the moogle)
*Once the Trent disappears, the NPC by the fountain reappears.
*Talk to the NPC and they will send you to find a fake smilebringer.
*To find the fake smilebringer you talk to NPC’s with Dream hats until you find one with a moogle that appears above its head and warps out.
*You go back to the NPC by the fountain and they will give you an item.
* I am told you just repeat this until you get the Christmas item you want, however I don’t know what all the possibilites are.
So far I have gotten:
– a Dream Coffer from Bastok
– a Dream Platter & Dream Robe from Sandy
– a Dream Stocking from Windurst.
Each of the furnishings give you two storage spaces. I think I’m going to go ahead and try to get the HQ hat and the HQ Robe.. then I’ll be done.. lol
***Edit* – Here is the Guide for this event – I so love Wikipedia ^^ : http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/The_Starlight_Celebration%21_2006/Guide
Here is the Chrismas items sitting by my Halloween items … lol
LOL.. really I should stop doing these event quests all together because I’m always out of room.. however it works out I guess as I upped my Mog Locker yesterday also..