Warning… incoming rant..
Why can’t people just be nice? Is it really all that difficult? Is it so hard to have a little common sense or courtesy? Its amazing the power of words and actions, and I have to admit, there are a lot of times when people overwhelm me, and it makes me tired, and sad. Its a weakness I have. Sticks and Stones should be the attitude I suppose.. but its really hard.
I want everything to be nice, and for everyone to be happy. Its so foreign, the idea of going to the “trouble” of making “trouble” for others. Such wasted energy to cause problems, I just don’t get it.
Another problem I have.. keeping myself out of debates with people who I know to be unreasonable, or in a self-caused debilitated state. Its hard to not feel like I should “fix” a situation, or help someone understand another’s viewpoint, or why it might be better to let certian things go.. live and learn so to speak.
I’m not by any means a conflict lover nor do I like to argue, In fact in most all scenerio’s I am the peacemaker, and the diplomat. There are times when things are actually wrong, and you should definately stand up for your point in those situations.. but some people choose to be petty over something so stupid or so mute.
I recently had a /tell fest with someone who had helped me out once in awhile when I first started playing this game. I hadn’t really considered them a friend anymore, had even removed them from my friendlist, mostly because they are kind of perverted, and only talk to me, when they are drunk.
They had heard some rumor that I was a guy in real life. Most likely from another old aquaintance that I purposely avoid because I think that individual is nothing but poison.. they enjoy seeing what trouble they can cause, and its gives them a sense of power I think. Most of the interactions with them, and thier associates, all they talk about is how they are high, or how they want to get high, and I think its retarded. There was a big fallout over a year ago, and I & a couple of my friends, and them stopped hanging out.
First of all, In truth, I’m not a guy, which I really don’t care if he (or maybe she – I guess I don’t really know) believes me or not. Personally I don’t care the gender anyone is in real life, its friendship and personality I enjoy from my ingame friends. Not gender, religion, orientation, but personality. Maybe the reason I don’t care about any of that is because I’ve never used the game as a “dating” service.
I’ve noticed that people that use it as a “dating” service, or as a place where they feel free to be outwardly (and annoyingly I might add) riske and perverted, get all bent out of shape and homophobic when they find out the cartoon character that they just hit on, on thier screen might not actually be what they appear…. *rolling eyes* oh my gosh.. imagine that…
My point to them was that there are lots of people out there that play characters in FFXI that are opposite genders of what they “appear” digitally, and its pretty nieve to just assume that what you see is what you are.
Second point – Its a game dude.. not only that.. Its a game of fantasy.
Third point – Get a Life… no I’m serious.. really get a life. If you log out for awhile, there is this neat adventure to be had called Real Life that needs your attention too. And if you spend a little more time in your real life, you’ll find that there are opportunities, and some really great people out there too. Not only that but any “dating relationship” you have will I bet 99% of the time be more rewarding than what you might find in game. (I said 99% … leaving the 1% for those of you who have found “true love” through Vanadiel so you don’t flame me.. but come on.. even if that is the case.. you have to know its not the norm).
Anyways.. Moral of the story.. Be truthful with yourself as to what your own intentions are, use some common sence, be kind to others… Don’t discriminate.. Why can’t we just all get along!! Move on, and move forward, Live and learn, Its not whats on the “outside” (even digitally), its whats on the inside that matters.. hmm.. think I could throw any more cliches out there?
hmm.. uh.. <.< So… how was your day? >.>