I apologize once again for the silence. I have been kinda busy on multiple levels.
Minecraft Update: Have been working on a map for a starting admin town for when the server goes live next. Its been a little more difficult than normal. Not as free as far as design goes, and kinda limited, and definitely a challenge. Will likely turn out fine, but I am struggling.
I’m hoping, but I’m not convinced that things will pan out the way that its all intended, but if it doesn’t we’ll just go on from there. Ideas where given, Blind and I spent the good part of a day building out a few things that had been mentioned, and I was actually pretty proud of it. It wasn’t a cut & paste type space and thought that what we had laid out gave character and had personality and room to grow as players built their own builds in the measured out spaces for the market area. However it was then taken down as others decided they didn’t like what we had done, so we removed the builds. It was kinda frustrating because then someone went in right after us and build an area with very little definition, uneven spacing, and no personality between buildings. They all look the same… sigh.. whatever though.. its not our server so not our decision. Sad part is that I had already written out ideas of having quests associated with some of the buildings Blind and I had created, but now I’m told they won’t fit in elsewhere and won’t be included. Thats what I get I suppose. Ah well.. I’ll just build in “our” corner and wait for the judgement to pass there. I kinda can’t wait for this stage to be over. I wish Mojang would hurry and finish the 1.9 so that we can get the server back on its feet and get things going for the players.
Final Fantasy XIV ~
This little jewel of a game however has really started to come into its own and shine for me. I haven’t been able to spend much time on it, but what limited time I did get to play has been incredibly enjoyable. Once chocobo’s were out, I had my goal of gaining a Grand Company personal chocobo.
Man I love the Grand Company storyline so far! I especially love that this game allows players to feel like they can accomplish most storyline things solo. This is so nice! I often lamented not being able to enjoy first hand the storylines in FFXI, because I came in late to the game at a point where few had any interest in going back and doing older content.
People are whining a bit because they fear the proposed “Dungeon Finder” that will allow players across servers to be able to join up to participate in specific content. I’m actually totally excited at this prospect.. maybe I’ll really get to participate this time around!
I couldn’t find it really posted clearly anywhere else, so I’m going to make a list of quests that have to be done in order to get your chocobo. I intend on joining Gridania’s Grand Company so I’ll start there.
Grand Company Quest Line list for Chocobo
Grand Company Seals – Twin Adder (Gridania)
- “Breaking the Seals” (Gridania) -note: talk to NPC’s & fight Urianger’s Familiar
- “The Mail Must Get Through” (Gridania) – note: takes you to New Ala Mingo in Ul’dah zone
- Grand Company Seals – Immortal Flames (Ul’dah)
- “Career Opportunities” (Ul’dah) -note: talk to NPC’s & fight Urianger’s Familiar
- “Arms Race” (Ul’dah) -note: meet with merchants in Limsa
- Grand Company Seals – Maelstrom (Limsa)
- “The Price of Integrity” (Limsa) -note: talk to NPC’s & fight Urianger’s Familiar
- “Engineering Victory” (Limsa) -note: fight then takes you to Coerthas Windmill near Camp Glory
- “Their Finest Hour” (Gridania) -note: listen Kan-E-Senna’s speech, then travel & fight Clay Golem
- “Burning Man” (Ul’dah) -note: ends with meeting a notable Ul’dah leader (forgot name though.. sorry)
- “An Officer and a Wise Man” (Limsa) -note: fight & ends with meeting Limsa’s Female Roegadyn Leader and then listening to her speech
- “Appetite for Destruction” (Gridania) (I’m on this one now)
- “Serenity, Purity, Sanctity” (Gridania) – unlocks official enlisting
This morning, I logged in and was surprised with all the Halloween decorations. Who knew that Gridania could be transformed into a place a little more eerie.. lol. 🙂 Here is a me with my treat.. an unripened pumpkin head and some decor: