In official news Yoshi-P’s 32nd Letter from the Producer is up with a sneak peak at this year’s summer event items. Take a look!
In personal news:
So after a long time coming my weaver is now level 50. Its been quite the process, but it was worth it. From the first moko grass to the last crawler cocoon has been quite the trek. Luckily I had things like a great LS cheering me on and donating materials to my cause, as well as a fun story line quest to enjoy… the end had me in stitches….. oh.. aww.. bad pun I know.. lol. Sorry had to!
So Level 50!.. Free melds for everyone! lol…
But now what? Decisions all around need to be made. I’ve learned a long time ago, that unless I focus, I get pretty stagnant, so I have 3 decisions to make.
New Disciple of War / Magic focus
- Marauder/Warrior – cons: I’ve never been one to tank, and so far I don’t really find its battle very intriguing, only because it seems slow and even though I have a few skills, it still seems like I still really only get to use 2 most of the time.. maybe I’m missing something I should be doing… research time! pros: Its already 35 and I definitely see some use in this one as far as helping out the LS and farming is concerned. Who knows, maybe I’d finally learn how to tank. Incidentally, I also would also actually love to see Katella in the WAR AF… odd as it sounds, when you remove the helmet it makes me think of my old real life cheerleading outfit.. its totally about the pleated skirt.. haha
- Pugilist / Monk – cons: Seems a little slow right now as well as far as battle is concerned. Hasn’t seen much love in the community except for very situational events. pros: already at 35, It seems to do great damage. Helpful to the LS in things like Aurum Vale.. both for some of the fights as well as merely aggroing everything with fists of wind so your friends can easily retrieve their AF.. lol (Thank you Exotica for showing us this little trick). AF is not my favorite color, but its ok, to me the whole outfit is a bit girly looking, feather and all, so I think it would be cute on Katella. (Feel kind of sorry for the guys though.. least they could of done was make the male’s version a bit different style or color or something.. lol)
- Thaumaturge/Blackmage – cons: Really never been a blackmagy type. I think in FFXI, I reached 41 so I could get the D2 warp, and never touched it again. pros: Already level 34, and it’s magic based which I tend to lean heavily towards. Very useful in many instances, end game, etc, so could be helpful to the LS although there are already many many blackmages to choose from… I think I could do this though, and be decent enough at watching hate levels. On the same token though, I almost want to save this job for 2.0 so I have something left on this character magic related to work on since that is what I tend to enjoy the most.
- Gladiator / Paladin – cons: Oy.. so again its a tank. A great tank mind you, but one that is heavily dependent on player skill, and I’m not sure I would be that good.. lol. Also I’ve been kind of saving this one to play with Seraphis Thrallwyn on because then I can help him with something on something that is his level. Does little damage without having to totally materia up, and even then… difficult to keep hate until you are pretty high in level it seems. pros: Has cure, and AF is cool.. (honestly I’m not ready to level this one seriously)
- Lancer / Dragoon – cons: a lot of positional requirements it seems.. Hard to say really, haven’t spent much time on this class at all pros: Jump looks fun.. AF is pretty cool looking even on a Lalafell. Don’t have to be right up on the enemy to hit it, which I like..
New Disciple of Hand
- Leatherworker cons: I could see the need to farm lots of materials for this. pros: between this and weaver, I would be able to fix most of my current capped AF gear on the things I play the most for events. (Bard & Whitemage)
- Alchemy – cons: also lots of random mats. pros: already level 20, could make potions and ethers, and actually have always liked alchemy in games for some reason.
- Carpenter – cons: lots of people seem to have this, or are working on it at the moment pros: right now the only thing that intrigues me about leveling this is the ability to make my own arrows which would be great, but it might be just as well to support my LS member’s who have already spent their time leveling this craft. Furniture later on after 2.0, so maybe that will give me the carpenter crafting bug when that hits.
- Goldsmith / Armorer / Blacksmith – Lots of pro’s regarding leveling these, but at the moment I’m not having the personal initiative. I would have to level miner before I even thought of this I think, because I tend to give things away more than I sell things, and haven’t been doing that many leves lately, so I think I need to make some money before I entertain the idea of leveling any of these three.
- Culinarian cons: lots of random mats, inventory space issues pros: food buffs
New Disciple of Land
- Botany – honestly at this point, I choose botany, I enjoy it and can sell or donate the extra items I obtain.
- Mining – cons: Not yet excited about the prospect yet pros: would get good money from this one.. would be helpful with goldsmith/armorer/ blacksmith leveling when I get around to it.
- Fishing – cons: Not yet excited about the prospect pros: would be helpful with alchemy…
So I’ve got some thinking to do… ^^
In other news, here are some screenshots I’ve got in the past couple weeks…
Fun with Seraphis – TotoRak Run & Got Goobue!
Lazer light show from our Coincutter 1st attempt… This was awesome, had lots of fun!.. Lucife Xavikon ( http://www.twitchtv.com/xavikon ) took a few of us in because we hadn’t been in there. He’s an awesome person who is very patient and makes a point to explain things to party members. On the second attempt we beat Coincutter pretty easily.
This is just a fun one I took last night.. I just like how it turned out, so thought I’d share!