Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
MAKES 54 COOKIES From: Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies (Wiley), by Connie Sarros.
These cookies are my absolute favorite, and I plan on making them for Christmas! Just thought I’d share the recipe with you all! They are so good, I’d take them over any gluten & dairy full versions. These are definitely addictive. Freeze the extras so you won’t be tempted to over-indulge!
2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
¼ cup butter or dairy-free Earth Balance buttery spread
1 cup sugar
2½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup gluten-free All-Purpose Flour Blend
1¼ teaspoons xanthan gum
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (see Shopping List on right)
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup powdered sugar
1. In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour blend, xanthan gum, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
3. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Cool them on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.